the story of growing up Scroggins

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Whoop! Red Raiders are being given the Business!


I have felt the sting of animosity from Red Raider supporters this past week after they asked me who I was going to be rooting for tonight in the big game. It is as if they expected me to say "oh, yes, Texas Tech of course who else". But keep this in mind...I am an Aggie. And whether some Aggies want to admit it or not, we have a (one sided these days I agree) rivalry with those boys from Lubbock. Not to mention, I take offense to anyone that wants to point the ass of a horse toward my beloved Aggieland! Just in case anyone cares, I support anyone playing Tech (except for those tea sips from Austin of course). Now for those that are saying, "but if OU wins, Texas may win the conference and you obviously hate them more". Now for the really petty side of my stance. I would never under any circumstances want Texas Tech to win a Conference Championship, much less a National Championship. Frankly, Raiders tend to have a high level of cockiness without these merits and I would rather not feed that animal. Too late for those longhorns!And now for the CYA...I do leave this animosity on the field as I have both Red Raiders and Longhorns in my circle of family and friends and I think highly of all of them no matter their college affiliation.


So I propose a toast to those boys from Oklahoma who are currently giving those pirates the business just like I told my sainted sister it would happen! Currently 42-7 Halftime...not even a fun game to watch really and I am stuck at home with the kids and annoying 2 people that apparently don't like me to hijack Daniella's blog.
Edit: 52-7 before I finished this blog! And yes, I get really bored when Daniella is not around if anyone was wondering.

2 comments:

Jarhead™ said...

Tech fans find it impossible to leave animosity on the field. Mrs. Jarhead and I went to Lubbock in 2004 to see TTU vs. TCU and sat on the Tech side and They were throwing trash and ice at me whenever TT scored. Then, after Tech finished stomping TCU, People were threatening physical violence as we walked back across campus to our car. They find it hard to win with dignity.

Even though I'm married to one, I have no problem saying that, for the most part, TTU has the most classless fans I've ever seen ~ a point I'm sure you Ags can appreciate, even though you're typically on the losing end of that rivalry [like 3-9 over 12 years or something miserable like that].

I'm always happy when A&M loses, but I feel a special sympathy for you when you guys play Tech.

At least your band is awesome.

Harry said...

Mr. Order Envy also graduated from the esteemed TTech, and I find it very hard to root for them. They're kinda a-holes most of the time. But I find it hard to root for A&M, too. Or OU. Damn, I'm cranky. Or is it natural that a conference with so much talent (and ego) would tend to fall into all these crazy internal rivalries?