the story of growing up Scroggins

Thursday, November 13, 2008

i luv kroger

Tonight I headed into the Big City for Tanner's music lesson. Since we were there, I decided to take advantage of Kroger shopping. I have so missed my grocery store, with its doubling coupons and weekly sales. Let me just tell you the fun I had.

Off my receipt:

Original Total: $245.46
Kroger Savings: $75.04 (things that are on sale-Kroger Style)
Coupons: $42.65 (clipped and doubled)

My New Total: $127.77

That is a 48% savings of $117. 69!!!! I also bought 90 items, so each thing was basically $1.42. Things like a ROAST, pork chops, cereal, milk...you get the idea.

Even the people behind me were commenting on how great I did. I got into couponing a few years ago with the Grocery Game, but with the Big Move to Decatur I fell out of it. I still clipped the coupons I would use, but without the fun sales and doubling going on, it just wasn't as satisfying. I have driven into the city a few times to grocery shop, but with the time and gas involved, that didn't do it for me either. Now that I have an excuse to drive in, I will be stopping by my Kroger more regularly. Dorky me-I am SO looking forward to it!!

No comments: