the story of growing up Scroggins

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Speeding Tickets...

SUCK! Preskitt road is currently being repaved and all traffic is being detoured through Seven Wires. This road is currently riddled with Wise County Sherriff...so mind your Ps and Qs and stay below 30 mph. I am now looking forward to a fun filled 6 hours on the computer being taught how to drive again. Madison and Tanner's reactions were almost worth the ticket though. Madison said "mommy always gets stopped like this". That got me to thinking...Danielle has not mentioned any recent stops, but she has been known to try and hide them before so maybe a good third degree treatment is in order. Tanner was worried he would be late...."Daddy, why did you have to get stopped...now we are going to be late for school". I just heard..."daddy you suck!". They had a few other comments that helped me keep a smile on my face. I truly hate paying the System for this mostly harmless crime. I would rather give the money to charity. If only that was an option.

6 comments:

Harry said...

Wait...did you or Todd get the ticket? You drive like a bat out of hell, so I was assuming you, but maybe my comprehension skills are down today.

Bowker Five said...

I'm not sure how I feel about this blog being shared by Todd....

Danielle M. Scroggins said...

this was a todd post-when i started this crazy thing i enabled him to be a writer...so now he's hijacking the blog at will.

just know "coldplay" when you see it.

and-hopefully my kids didn't say "daddy you suck"? beatings might be in order.

Natalie said...

I love Madison's response. Classic!

Anonymous said...

i hear you, it must be in our genes, i've gotten 2 in the past month--LUCKILY they were in different cities :-) apparently there is a new "three strikes you're out rule" floating out there.

--patti

Bean Counter said...

PEOPLE...Puuhhleease notice that Coldplay is in the house...and I have a right to blog on my wife's blog until the boss of the blog, my sainted and most beautiful wife decides she no longer wants me to. You like apples...how do you like those apples? And apparently only one person disagrees...who are you? Also, Madison and Tanner did not say I suck, but that is rather what I was thinking they were thinking. And Patti I got the ticket, not Danielle...geesh...does it not say Coldplay?