the story of growing up Scroggins

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Scrapbook Weekend

Wow. I can see Todd has been busy while I was away. I had no idea he had so many random thoughts and guilty pleasures. Interesting Stuff.

Anyway, While Todd was blogging away, I was being MOST productive at a scrapbooking retreat. I love me some scrapbooking, but with life so crazy with all these kids, I haven't had the time to dedicate to it. Which is funny-since the scrapbooking need has increased because of all these crazy kids. It's a vicious cycle.

This is how Shelly and I set out. It takes some major STUFF to scrapbook appropriately.














So, we loaded up and headed to the scrapbook house. Yes, a scrapbook HOUSE!! Someone owns a house, and rents it out on the weekends to scrapbookers like us for the sole purpose of scrapbooking! What a WONDERFUL idea!
I'm sure you are still confused-as everyone I have told has been. Here is the set up:
See the big fun table? This is the living room-we all set up around the table, watched DVDs, shared ideas, and produced some MAJOR pages. All the bedrooms were so cute! This is a pic of the one Shelly and I shared-so cozy! :)
The next 48 hours were filled with cutting, taping, letter making, sticker hunting, paper sharing, laughing, and most of all ... accomplishment. Between both Shelly and I, we completed over 60 PAGES!

This is my most favorite "award winning" page. :) A little glare on the pic, but you get the idea. I am all caught up on my little yearly books I do for the kids, and am only one vacation away from being caught up in my vacation book...there's still Christmas and then of course just the everyday, but I put a major dent in the "to do pile". I'm already looking for another weekend to get away and get even more caught up-especially with Shelly and all her fun tools!

4 comments:

so not mother of the year said...

I had a blast this weekend. The break from reality was needed and appreciated. Thanks for inviting me to the big fun weekend of scrappin'.

Bean Counter said...

I am sure your fans are glad your back...I tried to hold the blog fort down the best I knew how. I obviously have some haters out there. But it certainly looks like a mandate if I ever saw one.

Patti D said...

i did it, so i can "officially" post!

Gator said...

Sounds like a blast. I love to scrapbook, but you are right in saying it's so hard to find time to get anything productive done unless you dedicate a weekend to it. I'm so far behind right now that I don't even know where to start! My case has a layer of dust on it. I've tried to do it here at home and it's like you drag everything out which takes an hour or so to get things in some sort of decent working order, then you scrap for another couple of hours and then you have to put everything back up. Yeah, it's a hassle, but to spend an entire weekend would be most awesome!

Congratulations on your accomplishments! I know you're feeling proud right now and you have EVERY right to! That's a whole lot of pages! Thanks for sharing a page of your work, too. I think journaling is probably the most important (and hardest) part of the whole thing. At least it is for me.

Where was this wonderful house and how many people does it hold for a weekend? I think it may be on my radar to visit in the near future. Get some girlfriends gathered up, scrap and visit, laugh and have a get-away all in one fell swoop sounds like heaven to me!