the story of growing up Scroggins

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

the REAL snow day


The Ice finally came yesterday afternoon, and there is no school today AGAIN! WOO HOO! I guess I will never really outgrow that childish "free day" feeling that goes along with snow days. Todd asked me last night why I even wanted a snow day-because all the kids would be HERE. On top of that, we have to make the day up-so it's not like we really get away with anything. For me, snow days are a free day. They FORCE you to stop down and do nothing but hang with the fam. I'm sure people try to be productive, do chores, work from home-that kind of thing. But hopefully, they all come around and either break open a board game, puzzle or movie to go along with the hot chocolate and marshmellow staple of the day. I wish everyone would just stay home, cozy up, and wait it out. It's only one day. really. ok, sometimes 2 days.

The kids' "car" was left out; I don't think they'll be driving it today. Good thing.


Sandy and Windy love the snow and ice-always have. They frolick and actually jump around like puppies. I guess it's pretty tasty too.

No comments: