the story of growing up Scroggins

Sunday, January 18, 2009

A Husband's Little Black Book

Todd's mom gave him this little book the first Christmas we were married. It has little bits of wisdom in the form of advice or quotes. I noticed it on the book shelf this morning and thought I'd take a peek...here are a few tidbits:

"Do the grocery shopping."

"Listens when she talks about her friends."

"Share the last bottle of soda."

"Pick up your dirty clothes."

"If you win the game you're playing, don't gloat."

"Set a fire in the fireplace on cold winter nights."

"Be on time for dinner."

"Remember, she married you, so don't ask her to be logical!"

"Do you want to be happy? or do you want to be right?"

"If she can't start the lawn mower, blame it on the mower."

"Let her drive and you deal with the kids."

"See everything; overlook a great deal; correct a little." -Pope John XXIII

Pretty good advice for newlyweds or oldyweds (as we were called in our 3rd year of marriage!). I'm just sayin'. :)

Edit: In no way is this a dig at Todd. I was just sayin'-like I said. :)

7 comments:

Bean Counter said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bean Counter said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bean Counter said...

No censoring allowed!

Danielle M. Scroggins said...

then leave appropriate comments. :)

so not mother of the year said...

I was wondering who was getting comments deleted - and wondering what in the heck they could have said. I should have thought the obvious - Todd. Too funny.

natalie said...

You both crack me up. I feel like I am in the back seat of the Taurus all over again.

el chupacabra said...

I wish I had that kind of book- sometime before the divorce was final.