the story of growing up Scroggins

Friday, January 16, 2009

i believe you...

Today we are hibernating from the cold Winter, cooking up a yummy lunch, drinking some hot chocolate, and listening to some of my favorite tunes.

I believe I've mentioned Todd Snider before, and how much I love him. We became fans back in the day. Once, he showed up to Jerry Jeff Walker's Labor Day Fest with long hair, a sweaty tshirt, and a speech that just about made me write in Willie Nelson for President of the United States. I quickly bought a tshirt and subsequently joined the mob for a signature. Since then we've trapsed all over to listen to him play-I even got his pick and set list on my 30th birthday. :) His music is a mix of Texas Country, Nashville Country, Blues, and Rock-n-Roll. I'm sure he'd rather be viewed as a rocker, on the other hand, he probably doesn't think about his image all that much-another reason I'm giddy for him. His music tells a story, brings you back down to earth, and most of all refocuses you on being Happy to be Here (one of his title tracks.)

Just now, one of my favorites, I Believe You, just came across the itune airwaves. I found a video of him below, but an official music video (produced and everything) can be found here. They won't let me imbed that one. :(



See? I have music opinions too. :)

3 comments:

Goags89 said...

Wow--I read all this thinking it was Todd---you guys confuse me.

Harry said...

You guys should totally move to Stillwater.

Bean Counter said...

That video does not do Todd justice. He sounds like he has had a few too many glasses of red wine before he got up to sing.