the story of growing up Scroggins

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Per Jarhead's Recommendation...

Rosemount Shiraz. I think it was $6ish for this bottle. There was a little disagreement between Todd and I on this one. I thought it was great, although it didn't quite compare with the Concannon Petite Syrah from last week. Todd was leaning towards liking our old Wal Mart standby a little better. I think this is where if we knew a little more about wine, we could make a more informed observation. Todd's take is that maybe he likes Cabernet more than Shiraz. I just know what is yummy. I guess we will just have to do more research on the subject. O well-it's for a good cause.

Ultimately we give this one a 3.5 on our 5 point scale.

And yes, I made Todd drink out of the flowery glasses. I think they are lovely. :)

1 comment:

Bean Counter said...

The wine was good...My mom buys this bottle a lot because she likes Syrah grapes I guess. Don't let Danielle make you think I did not like it. I need to test it against other like wines I guess to make a truly informed decision.