the story of growing up Scroggins

Monday, June 1, 2009

ssshhhh! Don't tell Todd!

Friday, I subbed in Tanner's classroom, and left my camera-my new fancy beautiful wonderful camera. At least, that's where I'd hoped I'd left it. I discovered it was missing Saturday morning on the way to Tanner's Tball game, retraced my steps, and remembered seeing it by his teacher's desk. I waited on pins and needles all weekend to check with his teacher that it was still indeed there. Thankfully it was. Whew!

Sadly, I do this kind of thing all the time, and I'm afraid I'm using up all my good luck. My freshman year at A&M I left my keys (complete with ID/wallet attachment) on the 3rd Deck of Kyle Field. A fellow Aggie returned them to my dorm. I left those dang keys all over that campus-at least 3 other times, and either found them or had them returned to me. I left my new Dooney & Burke purse in class (also complete with key/ID/wallet attachment); another Aggie returned that to me. I've left my cell phone all over Texas, and have actually had my cell phone charger mailed to me. I leave my toothbrushes either at home (when I need them in hotel rooms) or in those hotel rooms (when I need them at home). I've also left bags of dirty clothes in said hotel rooms, and they'll mail those to you, just in case you find yourself in that predicament. I'm even worse when it comes to the kid's crap; it's a given that if I come to your house I will leave a sippy cup, matchbox car, or "raggie." Everyone has a stash of my stuff. I guess it's my way of making myself at home wherever I go.

What is my deal? Am I subconciously trying to live up to that blonde, Aggie persona? Surely not. For a self proclaimed super organized Type A person, this is a major character flaw, and like I said, I'm pretty sure I'm using up all my 9 lives of forgetfullness. or is it 7 lives? I forget. :)

No comments: