the story of growing up Scroggins

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Movie Review-Taken

Todd is in charge of the Blockbuster Online Queue, and therefore we seem to get Action Movies night after night. Of course, he disputes this charge, and thought it would be good to document our movie watching here to "settle the score." He's promised to leave the queue as is to see how it all plays out.

Movie #1 was Taken with Liam Neeson. Although it definitely qualifies as an action movie, it was one I actually wanted to see. Without giving away too much, the premise involved a retired CIA officer (Mr. Neeson) and his quest to save his daughter from underground trafficking. I feel so sheltered when I watch something like this-sheltered from the kinds of crimes and kinds of really mean people out there. It was interesting, but also very shoot-em-up. He liked hitting people in the face, and I could have gone without all the bone crunching.

Rating: 2 thumbs up.

On a completely different, yet related note, I really suck at finding pictures on the internet (note the very tiny movie pic above). Is there some trick I'm not aware of?

2 comments:

Bean Counter said...

BS on the everynight, I would say Daniella does not know what a true action flick is...she won't watch them. Death Race is next up in the queue so she has a clue of what I am capable of.

Anonymous said...

go to "Google" but the "images" section.

--aunt patti