the story of growing up Scroggins

Sunday, May 10, 2009

babies, babies and moms-oh my!

We celebrated motherhood all over the place this weekend. It started Friday night with a diaper shower for Jason and Jennifer-expecting their 3rd Blessing. I was in charge of the Diaper Cake, and just had to post a picture of it for bragging purposes:Saturday afternoon I drove to the Big D to help host a shower for my friend Sona, who is expecting her first baby. While I didn't make the cake for this one, I did order it, and it turned out pretty darn cute.Today, we had our annual Mother's Day Cookout. My mom, Todd's mom, and Todd's sister were the guests of honor, and we spent the afternoon snacking on fajitas, guacamole, and apple pie. We watched the kids play on the trampoline (quickly becoming a favorite past time at the Scroggins house!), and listened to Todd and his family plan their upcoming hike through the Grand Canyon. They might be looking forward to that adventure, but I have U2 tickets courtesy of Todd and the kids. THAT is an adventure worth anticipating! Yay Mother's Day Weekend!

Edit: I neglected to mention the fun games at Jason & Jennifer's couple shower, including baby food feeding, baby diapering, and bottle drinking. Here are a few pics of those good times:
The guys were great sports by the way. Thanks so much for playing along!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I seem to recall someone shoving a camera in my face as April was pouring apple sauce in my mouth. I figured to find that picture here, but I didn't. I'm grateful for that. Will

Danielle M. Scroggins said...

I'll get right on that. :)

House said...

Ha! That is hysterical! I think Will was gagging in that pic! I enjoyed it a little too much!

Soña said...

Thank you so much Daniella -- I loved my cake and my shower! You're the best! And I'm glad we didn't have any games involving eating baby food ;)

Anonymous said...

Thanks Danielle. Grrrr. :-P