the story of growing up Scroggins

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

do I see a pattern here?

Sort of, but today all 3 hoodlums lounged around complaining of earaches. We were officially diagnosed with 5 ear infections as of 4:00 this afternoon. Madison wins first place with swimmer's ear deluxe. Tanner has one of each, an inner and middle ear infection. And Grady, well, the Dr. wasn't sure which type he had, but was certain his tympanic membrane perforated leaving not so wonderful gook all over his ear canal. Awesome. He wasn't even the one complaining! I've mentioned before, but my pediatrician knows that when I call, there's going to be action. But, now we are armed with $50 in antibiotics specific for each hoodlum, and silly putty molded to each ear for future swimming escapades. I grew up with silly putty in my ears every summer to prevent these exact problems, so I guess I'll pass along that little tradition to my little ones. Tomorrow, we will hit the ground running with a playgroup adventure and complete the day with another swim lesson. You can't keep a good kid down!

4 comments:

Soña said...

Oh gosh D - I'm so sorry. I feel guilty that they got sick in my pool :( Hopefully they'll feel better asap!

Bean Counter said...

They have been swimming everyday this summer so far. Your pool is just one of many swims in the last week. (Great Wolf, Hitts, Lake, Sona, etc.)

Natalie said...

Bummer! They same to be taking it pretty well. Probably love the TV/movie day. :)

Anonymous said...

Now I regret giving you a hard time in my last posting about the wine recommendations. You know who.