the story of growing up Scroggins

Sunday, April 26, 2009

on raising a slob

Friday morning I went into Madison's room to get it ready for weekend company. The day before, I had asked her to put away laundry, toys, etc, and this was her solution. Notice the clean clothes still in the laundry basket, the other clothes thrown on the shelf; the picture below shows her crazy wonderful organization skills at work with her toys.
I spent the next 2 hours clearing out 4 trashbags of crap, and 2 bags of clothes. I almost went Dr. Phil on her booty clearing out everything in her room, and making her earn it back bit by bit. Instead, I settled for a minimalist approach and kept only the most obvious treasures. When Madison came home, she was met with a new improved closet: She was a little stressed when she couldn't find her Little Pet Shop extravaganza, and had quite the meltdown when one of her handwritten stories was "missing." My solution? Put your crap away so I don't get confused and think it's trash.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't think it was that bad!