the story of growing up Scroggins

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

computer's back...

So, the laptop had to go to the doctor and have its mouse replaced. Since that time I've been using the other computer. It's ok for checking email and cruising the web, but super annoying for typing large amounts of information or (gasp) uploading pics. Now that I'm reunited, I can upload those zoo pictures I spoke of earlier in the week. The pic above shows most of my crazy kids and all of Shelly's crazies. Grady rebelled against posing for pics on this particular day. Madison and Tanner always obsess about the map. They keep us on track to see the lions, tigers and bears.
I love butt pics...I don't know why. Here the boys are looking at the lions we just heard ROARING. Actually ROARING. I'd never heard that before, but man-it's sumthin'!
The roaring lion discussed earlier. Did I mention how LOUD it was?? You could hear it throughout the whole zoo! Amazing.
Thaine was the biggest kid in the group-here he was in the middle of discussing exactly what kind of crocodile we were watching. Madison and Sam also had a heated debate on the topic. Kids-they like to argue, don't they?
Madison was feeling prissy and photogenic for a second-I snatched up that moment, and documented accordingly.
It was an overall successful and exhausting trip. Since we've never covered the entire zoo in one trip, I'm guessing that's how it's supposed to be. Tanner is going to the zoo with his kindergarten class next week, and we'll probably fit in another trip before the dog days of summer-maybe by then we'll have seen the lions, tigers, bears AND the Texas side (which really we can just see driving down the road, can't we??). :)

2 comments:

so not mother of the year said...

Oh my goodness at how BEAUTIFUL your pictures are! Love them love them love them. I am a little biased since they are our kids though! Great day - made the weekend a blast!

Soña said...

Love these photos -- Shelly is right they came out gorgeous. So bright and full of color! Sounds like a fun trip. Maybe next year we can take my little one :)