the story of growing up Scroggins

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

another day at the zoo

Tuesday, Tanner's kindergarten class went on a field trip to the zoo. I was overwhelmed with guilt for not making the trip, but being "just a sub", I didn't feel I could take the day off as I might normally do. Initially, I had enlisted Todd to step in as chaperone, but he was called to the Big City to testify in court on some hospital accounting issue. (Yes, you read that right. Just imagine.) So, we packed Tanner his little sack lunch, and sent him on his little way. Luckily, I'm blessed with some really awesome friends who were fulfilling their supermom duty and attending the event. They watched over my Tanner, bought him a toy at the gift shop (totally above and beyond the call of duty!), and gave him a ride home. Thank you so much Jennifer and April for being mom substitutes, and EVEN sending along these superwonderful pictures! I owe you a million! Just start a tab, will ya? :)
Just think how many pictures like this we will have in about 12 more years! I can't wait to put together the scrapbook!!! But then again, I can. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll have more pictures to send when I upload mine. I have a few of Sam and Tanner checking out their all-important maps. :) Glad he had a good time - we enjoyed having him with us for the afternoon!

Jenn