the story of growing up Scroggins

Monday, April 20, 2009

Clothesline

Todd recently put up my clothesline. Since its installation, a few friends have eyed it skeptically asking if it was indeed, a clothesline. I can answered that yes, it was. I noticed my neighbor's clothesline shortly after we moved into our house, and then began noticing them more and more around town. I asked Todd to make one for me, but he just rolled his eyes. However, his Grandad overheard my request, and welded one for me special. I love it. It makes me super happy to hang my laundry in the fresh air, and there's just something so serene about taking a minute to walk outside from my crazy house and overrun life to do something as simple as hanging a comforter in the wind. It's a still moment-and I'm thinking a collection of still moments might lead to a still mind. Imagine that.

8 comments:

Natalie said...

Congrats! I think that is great. It is one of the memories I have of my grandmother. Enjoy.

Bean Counter said...

Where is the picture with your underware drying?

Danielle M. Scroggins said...

um...no "intimates" allowed on the clothesline.

thanks nat! :)

Soña said...

OMG! Can I order one from Todd's grandad? I want one so bad for all the baby clothes and especially the diapers. Kevin says he'll build me one but if I could get one thing off his list I think he'd appreciate it.

Jarhead™ said...

There's nothing better than the smell of clothes that have been line-dried.

Natalie said...

Todd, you always make me laugh! I never have to worry about where you mind is going. I always know!

Anonymous said...

Do the clothes feel hard and scratchy?

Bean Counter said...

correction...underwear