the story of growing up Scroggins

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Miracles on State Street


Miracle #1: Our darling angel (ha!) Grady was miraculously marvelous at tonights Lion Club Christmas dinner. He literally sat still for 2 hours while a bunch of men sat around talking about how long they have lived on earth. I don't think I have seen that ball of energy sit still for 2 minutes before tonight. Given the circumstances I think all of the children attending, including the Bowker's and Klose's children, behaved most excellently. And to top it off, Santa Claus was coming up the street in the Decatur Fire Truck just as we walked out of the door to leave. Given the kids angelic behavior, how appropriate.

Miracle #2: We were asked to speak about ourselves, our families, and possibly a favorite holiday memory. One of the elder member's most vivid memory was about the time he learned the "truth" about Santa. Keep in mind the age of the children attending ranged from 2 to 11. I think I saw 3 mom's jaws dropped to the floor in unison as he spoke fairly candid about the memory. Luckily, I think all of the children had the life force sucked out of them by this point in the night and were day dreaming. So hopefully, "No Harm, No Foul". Right Julie?

3 comments:

Bowker Five said...

I'm surprised he didn't discuss the "truth" about the tooth fairy or where babies come from! Wow!!!

Chris said...

You have a blog? What rock have I been living under????

Harry said...

WHAT A BUZZ KILL, old man.