the story of growing up Scroggins

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Band of Brothers


I was again reminded of the greatness of the mini series "Band of Brothers" this afternoon into tonight. Definitely a top 3 movies of all time for me. It was on the History Channel, and like always, I was sucked in and spent the rest of my evening watching every remaining episode that came on. It is a 10 hour mini series mind you. I even got Danielle to stop down tonight. I remember when I forced her to watch the DVDs after I got them for Christmas in 2002. I had seen it when it came on HBO in November 2001. I could never give the movie justice with a review, but know that you will be moved beyond words about how the men from Easy Company (101st Airborne Division) bonded in their experiences together during World War II as they marched from Normady to the Crows Nest. It is a "Must See" for all Americans! And just in case you don't know, it is a depiction of true events as told by these great men; albeit they would never say so, who served this great country with valour, honor and distinction.

No comments: