the story of growing up Scroggins

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Deck the Halls

I finally finished putting up all our Christmas Decorations on Friday. It took most of the day, sacrificing getting out of our pjs as April witnessed to my embarrassment! Really-we do normally get dressed on a daily basis!

Since this is our first Christmas in the new house, it was a challenge finding the perfect spot for all our favorite things-but Grady and I were successful. Finding a place for the tree was the hardest part. Our living room doesn't really have a corner, so we just stuck the tree right in the middle. O well-it's sparkly. :) Todd peer pressured us into a real tree this year, so I've been watering it all day everyday in fear of fire. Todd has a history you know. For all the watering, I don't really smell the "wonderful real tree smell." Baa Humbug on me I guess. Now that everything is all up and festive, I'm cozying up with my Christmas Music and hot chocolate. We are freaks like that, and listen to Christmas Music 24/7 for the entire Season. We've bought a new cd every year that we've been married, and now with IPOD Todd you can imagine the selection we have. My favorite is Jimmy Buffett singing Christmas Island. :) If you haven't heard it, you should look it up. Very fun. We've watched the Grinch a few dozen times, and with each time our hearts grow 3 times their normal size when we see him have the strength of ten Grinches PLUS TWO! :)No Scroggins Christmas would be complete without a kitty sleeping under the tree. Chrissy curled up on cue just as I put the last stocking on the mantle. I love this time of year.

2 comments:

Jarhead™ said...

Everything looks great... except using a live cat as a Christmas decoration seems a little over the top, even for you guys.

I'm calling PETA on you.

Danielle M. Scroggins said...

go ahead. you know this tree-hugging-animal-loving-liberal already has them in her back pocket.