the story of growing up Scroggins

Monday, December 29, 2008

Gingerbread Mania

Today the kids and I went on a field trip to Denton for a little shopping. I know you think I'm crazy for thinking this would be pleasant, but I just have to take the moment to brag that it actually was! Our first stop was DSW, which admittedly was a little frantic, but our second stop to Target was almost lovely. We had a gift certificate, so free money always adds a little spunk to the day, and we cruised around the store picking up a few things for everyone. We ended the spree with ring pops all around, and a nap on the way home for Grady.
To reward the kids for the lovely day, I thought I would finally make good on my promise to finish up the gingerbread house. I don't know who invented the Gingerbread House tradition, but I'm not so good at it. Even the pre-made-all-you-have-to-do-is-mix-the-icing-kind. That icing is part glue if you ask me. In any case, all THREE kids shared in making ONE gingerbread house-not the best decision on my part. I may invest in more than one next year. It worked out in the end though, and the kids had a blast making their "own design different than the box"...
The Gingerbread Train in the background is a project we did last week; you'd think with 2 Ginger Crafts under my belt in less than a week I'd be a little better at all this! I'll blame it on my lack of pastry tools. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.