the story of growing up Scroggins

Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Gods Were Smiling

There is a special river in Heaven set aside for the sole purpose of floating. I just know it. The Gods smiled upon us this weekend as we set out for a last summer fling before the chaos that is the school year.
















The Crew was perfect, and survived dangerous rapids, crazy waterfalls, scalding sunshine, and a torrential downpour.

The food was great-always important to a gathering, event, roadtrip, vacation. Fried. Bologna. Sandwiches. That's what we had for lunch...new for me, and I have to admit...not that bad...in a little-kid-playing-outside-trip-down-memory-lane-kinda-way. Cheese. That's what Some of us snacked on down the river. Homemade Ice cream. Everyone submerged themselves in the ecstasy that was the homemade ice cream later that night between poker, dominoes, and napping.

A. Perfect. Weekend. Thank you Gods.


Next time we won't let Todd be in charge of the Ipod.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I told you that I would check your blog, Danielle.

Fried bologna. Not the culinary treat I remember from my childhood, but fun nonetheless.

It never occured to me to eat on a tube while floating down a river. Drink beer, yes. Eat, no. Eat milk products, no way.

1 out of 5, Todd. That's all I have to say.

I'm with Jason. Todd should not be responsible for anything. When left to our hunger for over an hour waiting on the fajitas to arrive, we find Todd & Jared playing PIG (and losing) to eight year olds in the rain. You gotta make your layups, Todd!
WILL: "Are you guys playing HORSE?"
TODD: "No, PIG."

Thanks for a great time, everyone. See you next year on the Guadalupe. I expect Todd to be wearing a sombrero and doing a Mexican hat dance.

Out, Will