the story of growing up Scroggins

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Dinner Conversation

"Tanner, did you cut your hair?"


"NO." (fighting a smile)


"Tanner-tell me the truth. Did you cut your hair?"


"No."


"Did someone else cut your hair?"


"Yes, my teacher did."


"Tanner, I don't think your teacher cut your hair. When did you cut it?"


"Last night after my shower."


"Thank you for telling me. Next time let's go to someone who knows how to cut hair to do that, ok?"


"OK."

***at bedtime***

"Am I still handsome with my cut hair? "

"You're the most handsome kid I know."

7 comments:

House said...

I feel bad because I have to admit I DID laugh out loud at this one...only knowing that my kid is next, I'm sure! That is great!

Natalie said...

I am sure my days are numbered with this one. The funny thing is that there is a parent out there that would have believed that the teacher cut his hair. :) I think he is handsome too!

so not mother of the year said...

Just be glad he didn't cut his eyelashes like Thaine did in kindergarten......he said they were in his way.

Gator said...

That's funny, but adorable all the same. My daughter used to cut all kinds of things including her own hair when she got a pair of scissors in her hands. Thankfully that phase flew by quickly...

Anonymous said...

omg, cutest thing ever...he must have wanted to be like someone in his class --patti

Kristina said...

It is good that we can have a sense of humor or we probably wouldn't survive this parenting thing. We have had that conversation a few times. Usually, they don't know how it happened. It must have just magically gotten shorter. Joshua went through a stage in first grade of cutting holes in his shirts. That got old fast.

Harry said...

So far, Audrey has cut her hair TWICE and her eyelashes once. Scissors are strictly forbidden upstairs, now.