the story of growing up Scroggins

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

getting in the swing

At 3:15 this afternoon the phone rang.

It was the elementary school. Madison had been abandoned by her parents...noone had come to pick her up.

o.my.god.

In our defense, it's been a chaotic week wth 2 pick ups a day-one at noon for Tanner, and one at three for Madison, and trying to squeeze in a nap for Grady somewhere in between. Todd's been crazy helpful and has been shuffling kids to and fro all week, but Today he forgot. (I won't mention that this has happened before-we'll just leave that in the past...not even bringing it up-nope...didn't hear it from me!) Imagine keys flying, kids running, dogs barking, garage doors spazzing, and crying sleepy babies protesting-that was this house in those 3 minutes.

Todd finally returned my spastic call and was on his way to grovel about this dysfunctional little set up we have as a family.

It's Wednesday of the First Week of School-this can't be good.

3 comments:

Cheryl Mc said...

I had to giggle just a little. I am SO glad to read that things have been crazy for you all too. I only have one and am feeling a bit frazzled with this new kindergarten adventure.

Kristina said...

I too had to laugh a little. Having kids on different schedules can really throw a wrench into things. By the way, I am very proud of your ability to leave the past alone. I have that talent as well. Aren't our husbands lucky.

Harry said...

Geez, 3:00 sounds great! Last year, we had a 3:15 and a 3:40 pick up...so we had to literally kill time (with a bunch of 4 year olds) for 25 minutes waiting for the "big kids" to get out. Super dumb.

And don't be so hard on yourselves...you're a third of a century old! (I thought of that about myself last night and almost choked.)