the story of growing up Scroggins

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

34!

I met Todd when he was 13 years old. He befriended me as the new girl in Decatur, and has stuck by my side since that moment. We have survived high school, college, jobs, houses, and children. We have grown up together, and are just now settling into our little routine as adults back in our hometown community. Today is Todd's 34th Birthday, and it's amazing to me to think that I have known him for 21 of those birthdays. We are celebrating this weekend at the Lake-perhaps Todd's most favorite place in the world, and probably listening to Coldplay-perhaps Todd's most favorite band in the world. Sometimes I look at him and still see that 13 year old that cheated off me for spelling tests, which makes me laugh and of course, roll my eyes. We've had a lifetime of laughing and eye rolling, but those memories make him my bestest friend in the whole world-Happy Birthday Toddman...have a beer, my treat :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well Happy Birthday to Todd!!!
I enjoyed reading your "love story"!!
Very cute!!