the story of growing up Scroggins

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Treehouse Part 1

My lifelong dream of having a treehouse has been set in motion. I don't know who is more excited-me or the kids. I can't wait to see the finished product. I can think of worlds of adventures and hours of fun just waiting to be tapped.

Jared drew out the design, and Todd went shopping. Today the boys laid the groundwork for the frame, and next weekend they plan to finish the job.

The boys worked HARD all afternoon..never stopping for a cold refreshment or friendly conversation.
I'll post updates as they happen; I've said since this idea was born that I wouldn't believe it until I saw it-looks like I might have to eat those words?

6 comments:

Soña said...

Yay! Looks good. Kevin says he's on board for next Saturday. You think the three of them can knock it out in one day?

Danielle M. Scroggins said...

i sure hope so! i'm planning on sending the kids out there sunday and not letting them back in!

Harry said...

Then drive due north for about four hours and get to work on ours. I, too, have had this dream...but to no avail. :(

Jarhead™ said...

Where's the tree?

Bean Counter said...

There is a big tree to the left of the picture that was originally going to support the "Tree House". I decided to just make a good ole fashioned fort with all the bells and whistles instead. I was afraid I would not get it supported properly in the tree. I am an accountant...not an engineer. Anyway that is why Danielle is calling it that.

Jarhead™ said...

I helped a friend of mine build a treehouse at his place in Montana. It was about 50 feet in the air between two pine trees and we were initially working from a two-foot-wide platform between the trees while hooked on to a safety line with rapelling gear. When the wind blew, the tress would deflect more than a foot. It was nerve-wracking.

As the project progressed, we were dangling from the outside of the house on ropes and every afternoon we would rapell down from the house. It was pretty cool.