the story of growing up Scroggins

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Saturday Night Movie Review: Death Race


In 2012, amid economic chaos and high unemployment, Americans by the millions watch criminals with life sentences race armored cars on Terminal Island.

I thought there was some irony in the premise for this movie given the state of our times. I rented this movie tonight because I knew Danielle would not be home to watch it with me. This is one of those guilty pleasure type movies that I get to see very seldomly. I honestly cannot think of one other person that would watch it with me. If you like brainless, brawn, death and mayhem entertainment, then this movie is for you. I rented the unrated version and man were there some gruesome scenes. It looked really good on the blue ray player to boot. I can hear the groans now!

No comments: