the story of growing up Scroggins

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Daddy Daughter Dance

"It was the best night ever!" Madison told me this morning as she went over every detail of her Daddy Daughter Dance from last night. We spent the whole day in anticipation of the big night, and event made a field trip to Sweet and Sassy to get glammed up for the event-glitter, nails, hair-the works!
Madison and her friend, Quinn, waiting for their manicures-look at that rock star hair!!
Once Madison was dressed and ready to go, I made them pose for a few pictures of course-and made them promise to eat somewhere spaghetti-free for the dinner portion of their date. :)

When they arrived, Madison immediately pulled Todd out on the dance floor and they boogied down to Hannah Montana, Taylor Swift, the Chicken Dance, and YMCA. Todd even snuck in a few 2 steppin' lessons complete with twirls and dips. Madison felt like a princess, and was still giddy this morning when we talked about it. She promised she will go when she's 16, 17, and forever-guess we'll have to hold her to that. :)

4 comments:

Bean Counter said...

She is my princess and I was honored to have her as my date! It is these moments when I see flashes of what she will be like when she grows up. Kinda scary!

natalie said...

That is awesome! What a great dad!!!

an Donalbane said...

This year was my second to take my daughter to a Valentine's Dance.

She's seven.

I just hope we can go a few more years before it's no longer cool to hang out with Dad.

They grow up so fast.

Anonymous said...

That is the cutest, sweetest picture I have seen in a long time! What a treasure!Lucky father AND daughter!