the story of growing up Scroggins

Friday, February 6, 2009

bad week

I won't whine about the details, but let's just say that this has been one of those "when it rains it pours" kind of weeks, which got me to thinking...

Why does it have to pour when it rains? Every time I was hit this week with some catastrophe, I couldn't even stand up before I was knocked on my butt again by something else. Wouldn't it be much nicer if it only sprinkled every now and then? THAT I might could handle with a little more grace and ease than the hailstorms that tend to blow my direction.

I'm inhaling deeply, choosing a bottle of wine, and plan to just look forward to next week. Surely things will look better in a few mornings. Surely I'm do for a little sunshine and rainbows to look my direction.:)

3 comments:

House said...

it's been a long week indeed! tomorrow's a new day! it's all going to be GREAT!

Harry said...

Happy Friday, D. I was just going to call you last night and ask you for support in dealing with some crazy kid-stuff going down in our house. I'm glad I didn't. You would have hung up on me.

;) Hang in there, kitten.

Soña said...

I'm sorry sweetie. Enjoy the wine and hang in there. Hopefully it will turn around for you starting tomorrow. Remember I'm basically free to meet for lunch anytime.