the story of growing up Scroggins

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Coffee

I don't drink coffee on a daily basis. I'm fine with a fancy shmancy Starbucks when I'm really cold-or it's Christmas, but as far as the day to day "grind"-I don't partake.

I think I need to learn to drink it though-I see the way people look forward to it, and how it seems to liven up their whole mood and morning routine. With the amount of sleep I grab every night (or rather don't grab), I need a little chemical pick me up to enhance my cognitive abilities.

Right? Is it time I grew up and bought a coffee maker?

Edit: Or maybe I just need to get more sleep. Amazingly, last night I conquered NINE HOURS OF SLEEP! I think I could pretty much solve all the world's problems today. Watch out!

6 comments:

natalie said...

I am pretty much with you. I think I am the only Mom in my MOMS Club that doesn't drink coffee. Love the caramel frapuccino's at Starbuck's though. That doesn't really count though...

so not mother of the year said...

9 hours! That is amazing - making my 6 look pretty crummy right now. Maybe that is why I am sipping on some coffee as I type :)

Soña said...

I think if you don't love coffee by now you probably won't use a coffee maker D. Better to stick with the Big-A cokes since that also contains a chemical pick-me-up :)

Also 9 hours of sleep sounds awesome.

Anonymous said...

we've been telling you for years...coffee is the best! although if you read the book "Skinny B*tch", they expain how horrible it is for you. i looooove it :-) i dont know what i'll do if i ever have to give it up! Noooooooooooo!

--Patti

Gator said...

I think I'm the only one in my Ladies group at church that doesn't drink coffee. I have the coffee, the coffee maker, the creamer and all that jazz at the house, but someone else has to make it because I don't know how much to put in the filter...I'm not a fan and I've tried really hard to find a way to like it. I've tried all the yummy sounding flavors of coffee, the Tiramisu creamer, and tried the "fake it till you make it" theory and NADA...it smells like skunks and tastes worse. Funny, I've acquired the taste of beer (LOVE me some beer), but can't get into coffee... :(

Bean Counter said...

I think people who drink coffee have bad breath in the morning! Smells good in the pot...not so good out of the mouth. Just one of my views on coffee. I have many. Personally don't like it, never will. Ok one more observation ...it makes you like 1000 degrees...you sweat...I can do with out that. Especially in the summer...i mean come on.