the story of growing up Scroggins

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Talk about Sacrifice


I had a business dinner Wednesday night at Del Frisco's, a place I have heard many good things about, but had not had the opportunity to eat there. Being that I am a steak lover, it was definitely a place I have wanted to try over the years. Unfortunately for me, my first opportunity fell on Ash Wednesday. A day that I should be fasting all day and then eating a reasonable supper. And to top it off, NO MEAT! By the time we arrived I had talked myself into ordering fish and hoped they had sword fish (my favorite) on the menu. I was very dissappointed when the menu only had tuna and salmon. I like both, but I wanted something not on the Chili's menu. I was seriously pondering the steak and just asking forgiveness when the waiter arrived and presented the specials. The last item he mentioned was swordfish. There truly is a God and he was looking out for me last night. I guess I will try the steak next time.

2 comments:

Jarhead™ said...

Man. What a beating! What kind of heathen protestants do you work for having Ash Wednesday dinner meetings at a steak joint?? Oh, wait...

Del Frisco's during lent = Catholic man's personal hell.

My hat is off to you sir. I'm not sure I could have been that strong.

natalie said...

Wow, Todd Scroggins I am impressed.