the story of growing up Scroggins

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Tomorrow I will eat Bon Bons...

or so Todd thinks.

Actually, tomorrow Grady starts Mother's Day Out-MDO for those in the "know" . I'm so nervous for him!! I'm so nervous for me too. We've been talking up going to "school", and he sees Tanner and Madison go everyday. He's armed with a brand new "Ka-Chow" backpack and lunchbox, which are both packed with yummies and lovies.

I'm a little worried he'll get kicked out. I'm sure he won't mind, probably won't potty where or when he's supposed to, definitely won't nap, and most likely won't share. I'm worried he'll cry when I drop him off-I know he will. We've been joined at the hip since the infamous hospital stay last summer. I know he needs this time away from me, to learn independence from me and our little safe haven of a family. Otherwise-Lord help us in kindergarten.

I guess I'm a little sad too. He's getting so big so fast-he's not so much a baby anymore, although the fits he throws would prove otherwise! He's on his way to being 3 years old-on his way to being a kid. I guess sometimes I just want to wrap my arms around him and not let go.

I mean, who would want to let go of this?

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Love that picture! I am sure he will do great! I get to drop Mackenzie off for the first time today in the car drop off line. I am a little nervous. She has to walk to her class all by herself. I am sure there will be people scooting her along the way. I look forward to hearing how his day went and enjoy a little relaxation time. :)

Soña said...

Love the photo! I hope you're having a good day!