the story of growing up Scroggins

Monday, September 8, 2008

Disclaimer

It has been brought to my attention that the views I express on this here forum are in some way skewed. It seems that I tend to portray my own personal roles, duties, hobbies, blah blah blah in an extraordinary light, and yet not so much when I talk about Todd. I want to take this opportunity to apologize PROFUSELY for such a thing! I would never have told a story with the intention of casting a shadow over the wonderful husband that is my Todd.

I will now take this opportunity to brag:

Todd takes the kids to school almost everyday. Just this morning he drove away with a screaming Madison as she complained about having to wear "nice clothes" and SHOES. (I'm the meanest mom ever by the way.) He also picks the kids up on Tuesdays and Fridays; this allows me 2 days where I don't have to worry about Grady's naptime, and it is truly wonderful. He mows the grass. He waters the grass. He worries about the grass. He updates my IPOD list, and will load my IPOD when I ask him (especially Coldplay songs). He "keeps our books", and thus keeps us on track with our spending and finances. He monitors my Sonic Diet Coke runs, which probably saves us 50$ a year. He kills bugs. He cleans up all gross messes. (I won't elaborate here, except to say that we have 2 dogs, a cat, and 3 kids.) He's funny. He reads the kids bedtime stories most nights as I tutor. He thinks I'm pretty. He's a little clumsy, but is a great problem solver. (I cite all fire and trailor episodes here.) He's a great brother to Michelle, and near perfect son for his mom. He coaches Tanner's Tball team, and practices with both boys as often as he can. He's a member of the Lion's Club, and truly wants to volunteer and help his community. He was the inspiration for our "live, work, and play in the same town mentality". He accounts for the hospital, and is dern good at it. He prays all the time. He loves his family, and is an awesome dad.

I guess to make this post complete I should point out my own shortcomings, but I'll save that for later. For now-just note that Todd isn't always the absent-minded-professor.

Just most of the time. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ahhh, that was sweet!

--patti