the story of growing up Scroggins

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Attack of the Hummingbirds


Yesterday, Grady and I went out to the garage, only to find some pretty stressed out hummingbirds. That in itself is enough to post. Just imagine. I wouldn't say hummingbirds are known for their laid back mentality. Here they were stuck in our garage. I finally concluded they decided our Tball stand was a giant bird feeder. They kept flying over to it, hovering about, wishing for some sweet nectar. I became acutely aware of their frustrating disappointment. During their frustration, they flew into the ceiling, garage door, walls, car...anything that got in their way. They must be blind little creatures. I'd never heard hummingbirds chirp, but they chattered away during this entire process. I'm pretty sure they were cussing. Cussing my garage, and perhaps even me as I tried to get a picture of their wacky breakdown. Quite difficult little creatures to capture on film, and another example of perhaps why I "need" one of those fancy SLR cameras. My birthday is in 4 days. I'm just sayin'. :)

We tried to coax them out the large garage door opening, but they would have nothing of it. Grady thought it was hilarious. Chrissy thought it was a challenge. She deceptively camoflauged herself amongst Todd's tools, and planned her attack. You can barely see her, right?
Those birds were there ALL DAY. We kept checking on them, sure they'd made their escape, only to find them bumping and chirping. Finally, as the evening hours approached, I guess their curfews beckoned and they problem solved their way out. Grady was disappointed, Chrissy was exhausted, and I was relieved. I'm not sure how much more hummingbird stress I could handle.

1 comment:

House said...

Okay...this would just creep me out! They're crazy little boogers! Glad they're out of there...alive. I'm sure Chrissy is a little disappointed, though!

Yes...the germs have found me. I now have a cold from hell! Hoping I will wake up and it will all be gone...soon and very soon!