the story of growing up Scroggins

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Salt Mines

So, I've been subbing this week. The same school that I subbed in last year called me for a few days this week. It was nice being in that school again since it was so familiar. This time I was in a 6th grade science room. SO MUCH BETTER than a 5th grade Language Arts room. I was in my element, and all the fun parts of teaching washed over me. I talked about the metric system, and helped the students through a test...I saw a few students from last year and they came up to hug me and tell me all about their summer...Today I taught a lab and watched as the kids rubbed their brain cells together to have a very painful-problem-solving-thought. I love making them think. So fun.

I've scored another long term sub position for the spring. One of the teachers I taught with last year is having a baby and requested I be her sub. That's so nice too-to be acknowledged and wanted for a set of skills. Sometimes I forget I have skills-or rather, sometimes I wonder if I have any skills at all.

I remember Barbie saying Math is hard. She was wrong. Motherhood is.

No comments: