the story of growing up Scroggins

Monday, May 26, 2008

Where a Kid can be a Kid!



We celebrated Tanner's 5th birthday over the weekend. Todd took him to see Speedracer on Friday (took off work and everything!). We had a little family fun with pizza and presents that night, and Tanner went to bed with a full belly. Yesterday, we had his official party at Chuck E. Cheese. I was so glad to his best friends celebrate the day with him. Everyone had so much fun playing games, eating pizza and cake. Even the grown-ups participated in a game here and there.


I just can't believe it's been five years since we brought home that little boy bundle. Five years since we invested in that double stroller, and invested in double time parenting! Five years. He's going to start kindergarten in the fall. KINDERGARTEN. Somehow I was ready for Madison to grow up and be on her own, but to see Tanner pack his backpack and pick out his school clothes makes me a little sad. I'm always a little annoyed when people say "it goes by fast; enjoy it", as I'm struggling with time-outs and poop.

But it really does.

No comments: