the story of growing up Scroggins

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Families Celebrate

That's what they do. Todd's family is the best at this. Saturday we had 3, count 'em THREE, parties in one day.

Grandmother's Birthday:
Baby Shower (mom-to-be seen here getting tatt'ed by my eldest):

Proud to be an American-send off of one of our own to Afghanistan (doubled with congrats on elopement):

Now, while I won't deny the WHUPPIN' the day was, when you stand back and look at it, it's amazing. Here is a family that has grown so big with great grandchildren, cousins, new wives and husbands, and yet still makes the time to get together to celebrate each person's accomplishments (and if we can't, then we put 'em all together). Growing up all over, my extended family was a yearly visit-if that; I envied other families that had such familiarity with eachother-such daily companionship. Now family is family-mostly you don't get to choose, but when you hit gold like this, it's something worth noting. I hope when I'm the great grandmother, the family I've raised will realize the importance of eachother and the importance of us, and take a time out to just be.

no matter how many great grandchildren. (this pic is missing 3 others-one on the way making 4 more!)

No comments: