the story of growing up Scroggins

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Something I Hadn't Thought About..

So, if you are an actual reader of my thoughts, you will notice that I changed the title of this little venue. I did this after one of my friends pointed out that if you were searching "enjoy yourself", you might come up with less than stellar sites. EWWW. Totally NOT my intention. In fact, I was thinking of one of my favorite Todd Snider songs when I picked Enjoy Yourself. If you read through the lyrics, you will become familiar with one of my mantras-so to speak. As I've said before, this is a crazy world. It's so easy to get caught up in kid activities, work, friends, families, movies, worry, yardwork, laundry, what's for dinner?, bedtimes, should we sell the house?, school tardies, beer (wait, that's a good one), guilt, when will the grass grow?, potty training, master schedules-sometimes it's easy to forget about the life and the love that goes into it. It's so easy to schedule and plan and look to the future for the "next thing". Sometimes when you do that, you forget to look around and realize that you're already in your life. You had better live it.

So, in the spirit of that-I have a new theme song chosen, and thus a new title for my virtual scrapbook. I really am Happy to Be Here .

1 comment:

Harry said...

D'oh. I didn't mean to be gross! But I'm happy you're here, too.