the story of growing up Scroggins

Thursday, March 27, 2008

WOOK! U-FLY MAMA!






Yesterday I took the
boys to the Butterfly Exhibit at the Ft. Worth Botanical Gardens. I almost talked myself out of the field trip because of my never ending "to do list". I hate that to do list-it always tries to talk me out of something fun! I won the argument this time, and I'm so glad I did! The boys were in awe of the thousands of butterflies. Tanner was amazed when a butterfly landed on his head! of all things! Grady ran around telling me to "wook!" I have to say, it was totally my cup of tea too. We held hands and wandered through the exhibit looking at all the butterflies, and talking about how beautiful they all were. You can totally see the look of awe in the boys' faces as they look at these two HUGE butterflies hanging out on a tree. Afterwards, we strolled through the beautiful gardens and found a perfect picnic spot.
Then they ran around like the crazy kids they are looking for more butterflies...I finally convinced Grady that the butterflies had to go "night night", and we left the gardens, but not before I was full of warm and fuzzies from all the mommy-son bonding.
The day reminded me how quickly the kids are growing up, and how much more important butterflies are than to-do lists. It was a time to just be, and I took it.



No comments: