the story of growing up Scroggins

Thursday, March 20, 2008

AAAAAHHHHHHH!

So, mom invited the boys and I over for dinner last night. It was the first time we had been back in the house since we moved out over a month ago. Can I just say the boys were TERRIBLE!!!! Tanner taunted Grady endlessly, taking cars and other toys. When he wasn't doing that, he was whining about more bread or the PURPLE GRAPE JUICE he spilled all over the floor. There was of course some breakdown outside when mom and dad's dog tried to join in the Grady/Tanner fun. Hellloooooooooooooooo? We have TWO dogs, and Tanner decides to have a meltdown? Is he high? Grady was completely out of control-running around screaming and hitting Tanner with a stick. Speaking of that incident, when he hit Tanner with a stick, I put him in time out until he said he was sorry. It. took. a. long. time. Mom advised me when it was over that a "swift swat on the butt gets it over faster-even though I know you don't agree with that". AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I spank my kids constantly!!!! (ok, maybe not constantly-don't turn me in just yet.) However, I think it's a little difficult to correct hitting by hitting. Crazy I know. I finally managed to get the kids in the car and drove away with snot and tears smushing all over the back windows.

I don't think I'll be going to dinner again any time soon.

No comments: