the story of growing up Scroggins

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Happy St. Patty's Day!

I love St. Patty's Day! I love the soda bread, the green beers, the shamrocks and leprechauns. I have to say I'll pass on the cornbeef and cabbage though-yuck! I did make it once. Only once. Guess that Irish blood doesn't pass down completely generation to generation.

To begin our green fun, my friend Shelly and I took our boys down to the Ft. Worth Stockyards. What better way to celebrate than walking around a little festival with balloon animals, stilt walking guys, and "beer to go"? We sent the boys into a maze and watched from a platform as they meandered through. Such fun. We ended the day on the patio of a mexican restaurant sipping margaritas and watching a parade.

Luck o' the Irish to ya!




No comments: