the story of growing up Scroggins

Sunday, August 9, 2009

some recent tastes...

We took this bottle with us to San Antonio to enjoy in our fancy hotel room. Frances Coppola, Claret, and old favorite. At $18ish a bottle, it's worth every penny. 5 stars from the Scroggins.

Natalie brought along this lovely taste during her visit. Firefly Ridge Merlot. I'm not sure how much she spent, but I'm guessing $10 or below. That's pretty much the budget in my little group of fellow winos. It was super super yummy! We give it a 5. I think I had most of the bottle on my own. :)I bought this bottle last summer on my trip to California and the wine country. In my excitement to be among all the wine trees, I spent $50 on it, so we had to save it for a wonderfully special occassion. What exactly was I thinking?? It was from the Tensely Winery, and a Syrah. I guess I knew we'd have a reason to celebrate this year. We opened it in honor of my new gig at the Messenger. It was ok yummy, but I don't know about $50 yummy. Those are some high expecations, ya know? We gave it a 4. I guess we might be getting a little wine snobby in our wino old age.

No comments: