the story of growing up Scroggins

Thursday, August 20, 2009

I gotta give him credit...

This week of teacher training has been a drain on the ol' fam, and a beat down for Todd. Even though I'm half-time for the school year, I've been working overtime to get ready for that school year-meaning gone before sunrise, and home at sunset. There are some stories in that alone that I will save until I'm a little less brain dead, and a little more positive. :) I'm sure you know how that goes...

But back to Todd, the best husband on the planet. Yes, you read that correctly; go ahead and print it out. I know I don't brag on him that often, but he really has picked up the slack this week. He's done the Morning Routine of breakfast, clothes, beds, and bags for the day. He's dropped off the kids and Marley at their designated locations; he's picked them up, and fed them dinner. He even stopped by his Mom's this afternoon to help with Grady's naptime, an ongoing debate and battle. In addition to all that, the kids told me he read a few bedtime stories and tucked them all in super tight and cozy. AND, the house is not totally wrecked. I'd even say it was clean.

And then today we all pulled the rug out from under him.

This morning, Madison locked his keys in the truck. He was already late for a meeting at work, but luckily could borrow his Mom's car and get there relatively on time. She was saved by the hair on her chinny chin chin. Having friends in high places, he was able to problem-solve that situation through the James Wood Dealer by lunch. Bumps to Roger for that one. :) Then, this afternoon, I had a flat tire. In Southlake. Besides that, I used my girl card, and played helpless. Todd drove from Decatur to Southlake to fix the tire, and did so without too much complaint. And after all that, he patiently listened to me as I showed him my little teaching-without-a-classroom setup. He didn't offer his 2 cents a single time! He just listened! I know. Pick your jaw up off the floor. It's true!

So, in my moment of supercrazy, Todd was my hero. Who knew? :)

I guess, deep down, I did.

4 comments:

Shelly said...

It is easy to be in love in the easy times, but when things are rough - we know why we fell in love with them to begin with.

sharynh said...

I am sorry for your craziness...I am glad things worked out...I could have helped you know!

natalie said...

Always thought he was the BEST too! Glad everything worked out and I wish you the BEST first week with your new students next week!

Bean Counter said...

Wow natalie...that gets me all teary eyed!