the story of growing up Scroggins

Sunday, August 23, 2009

finding my place

So, the new job. The learning curve is high for me on this one-on a jillion different levels. Most of all the technology. Now, I like to think of myself as a techno-savy girl, but in my teaching world, I'm a fan of the overhead projector. I've dabbled in projectors, powerpoints, microscope cameras, probes, and graphing calculators, but as far as the day-to-day nuts and bolts of running my classroom, I love the overhead.

Well, there are none in my new school. Zero. They have smartboards and document cameras. Like I said, high learning curve.

Other than technology on the brain, I also have my classroom on the brain. More the fact that I don't have one; I'm one of those traveling teachers with a cart. I think I've come up with a great system for said cart, but still, I'm worried how that's all going to work out. I'm constantly in someone else's space, and just kind of wishing I had my own. But, I knew what I signed up for, so here goes...

And then, there's just getting to know new people. I've found my safe place in the back of staff meetings, but wandering around all day like I am, I'll be forced to come out of my shell. I love my shell. I'm happy in my shell, but I suppose I'll come out someday. After the first day. After I learn that smartboard, and after I figure out where I'm going. :)

No comments: