the story of growing up Scroggins

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Author

So, I'm guessing most of you are my Facebook friends, right? And, I just posted that I have some big news coming, right? Well, here you are...a little sneak peak.

For most of the summer, I've been talking with The Messenger to set up a Mommy Blog, complete with a link off their official site. Kristen Tribe contacted me initially with the idea, knowing my complete spastic love of blogging, scrapbooking, and writing in general. All of which are coming together for me in one little package. I've emailed and chatted with the manager, owner, and technical geek guy to get it all rolling, and tomorrow is the day they plan on advertising the new blog alongside their school supply ad. Yep, you are reading words written by the newest member of The Messenger team, and they even wrote "author" next to my name as they set everything up. AUTHOR!!! AND they are taking the time to ADVERTISE it to all of Wise County! ME! and actual AUTHOR!!!

I can't tell you how excited I've been about this. I mean true, absolute giddyness. To think that someone thinks enough of my thoughts to recommend me for something AND THEN SOMEONE ELSE ACTUALLY AGREED! It's just almost too much. My cup runneth over AGAIN. It's been almost torture to keep it all under wraps, as they asked me to, until the actual launch date. I swear, if you asked me about blogging, I might have just come unglued at the seams to tell you all the little details. Good thing you didn't ask.

So, as a result of this new adventure, this blog might take a hit. Not a big one, but I might resort to more picture posting here, and more word writing over there. It was also the main reason I went private with the blog. With my name OUT THERE as an AUTHOR and all, I thought I should try to give the 3 hoodlums that live here just a tad bit of privacy, since any little crazy act they might throw at me could end up on the "evening news." Literally.

Where is over there?

http://www.wcmessenger.com/blogs/mom/

So, go check it out. Read it, and tell your friends. Hopefully, they'll pass along the word and it will be infinitely successful. That is, until I suffer from writer's block now that there is actual PRESSURE from someone to write something.

And, who knows? Maybe we can give ol' Liberally Lean a run for his money. :)

6 comments:

Patti D said...

YAY! My sister, the AUTHOR! wow...

--aunt patti

Kristina said...

Congratulations! This is exciting news. I am sure it will be a huge success. The Mess is lucky to have you.

Sean Smith said...

That's AWESOME!!!! Congrats!!! I'm going back to read it now. Love you!!!

natalie said...

Just read it and will add to my "list". So excited for you!

bethie said...

yay, danielle! that is v. cool! congrats!

Harry said...

Nice work, Daniella! I'm so proud!