the story of growing up Scroggins

Monday, November 2, 2009

this is just bragging, but I can't help it

I'm not sure where the line is on bragging and just informing the world of my children's greatness, but I think this blog is a fair medium for actual bragging-should it be necessary.  So, here goes.


Last week, Madison wrote a song for her class for Red Ribbon Week, inspired by "It rocks to be drug free."  When she read it to her class, her teacher was so impressed she asked Madison to read it for the school during announcements.  She did, and then the counselor asked her to sing it for the school at their Monday Sunrise Assembly.  Madison was really nervous, but we practiced over the weekend, and assured her it was a great song.  She got up there this morning, and albeit tentatively, sang her song for the WHOLE SCHOOL (that's Pre-k-4th grade!!).  That took some guts.  Todd and I were sure to be there for the performace, snapping pictures and videoing the whole time, perpetuating the nerdiness of the Scroggins Clan.

I was so proud of her!  Proud of her song, her guts, and her performance.  :)  Here is the song she wrote:

Proud to Be Drug Free

Playing sports all day long
Even as I write this song.
I'm proud to be drug free
Because I like being me.

Reading books to pass the time,
Because my life is mine.
I'm proud to be drug free
Because I like being me.

Sitting down to write this song,
maybe even all day long.
I'm proud to be drug free,
Because I'm ME!!

3 comments:

Patti D said...

YAY Madison! wow, that DOES take guts!

so not mother of the year said...

The boys said she did AWESOME! So proud of her to get up in front of the crowd ;-)

Soña said...

Wow! That's fantastic - go Madison!!! I'm so proud of you, Baby Andrea is so lucky to have such a wonderful role model :)