the story of growing up Scroggins

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Outta Sight!

Todd and I went to a costume party Friday night.  I think I've seen Todd in costume twice in all my years of knowing him, once as a pimp, and now as an Outta Sight Dude.  It was fantastic.  Especially when we walked out the door, and the kids asked what we were.  We tried to explain that we were Grandmom and Grandad when they were our age-ish.  They didn't believe us, but they did think we looked groovy.

The party originated with a 70s theme, but as we searched the internets, we found that 60s was way easier to find, dude.  So, the results were a combination of the two decades.  I actually had plenty of "hippie" in my own closet, but Todd would not have it.  If he had to be "in costume," then I dern well better walk on the wild side with him.  So, I was on the search for GoGo Boots (the best shoes ever invented). On a sidenote, if you do happen across some REAL bellbottoms, fringe, or flowered shirts, buy them up.  I think all the thrift shops have been picked over in the last 40+years.

For fun, I edited these two pics on http://www.picnik.com/.  There is a "60s effect," and I just couldn't resist.  I think it works for us, especially with the fringe and white boots.It was a superfun party, and I think everyone had a fantastic time.  I was definitely in the mood to let my hair down (or put it up in this case), and of the 89 (!!) pictures someone took that night, everyone is smiling ear to ear.  Either we know how to party down, or the 60's gave us a great reason.




We tore ourselves away from the fun about 1 in the morning,  but promised a new tradition:  a Halloween Decade Party.  Next year, the Roaring 20's.  We're making our own history book!
Peace.

No comments: