the story of growing up Scroggins

Sunday, October 18, 2009

in other sports news...


Yesterday we had a baseball game at 10 in Azle, a soccer game at 10 in Decatur, and a softball game at 12 in Decatur.   We had to divide and conquer to make it all happen, but kept a running commentary going via texting.  What in the world did we do before texting?

So, first the soccer game.  I know you might be tired of hearing about Grady's progress, but seriously if you had been me those first practices and games, you'd be doing a happy dance at the GIANT steps he's made lately.  Yesterday, IN ADDITION to staying on the field, running, and kicking the ball (more than 3 times), he SCORED A GOAL! (sort of)  He kicked and kicked and kicked the ball towards the goal, and between Grady and another little boy, the ball went in, so we're giving them both credit.  The game WHIZZED by because it was so fun to watch Grady running around having fun instead of me putting him back on the field because his "team needed him."  Sometimes I wonder about my sanity.  We were also surrogate parents for Isaac because of the same baseball scheduling issues, so we cheered just as loudly for him when he dribbled all the way down the field and made 2 goals.  He's kind of a star compared to Grady.  :)

They both definitely earned their drinks at halftime, and their snacks after the game.  And, just because they did so amazing, I caved and let them celebrate with a few additional ring pops too. 


Because we live in such a rainforest, this was only Madison's second softball game, but she did GREAT!  She got 3 hits, and from that she made one run. She was a little disappointed that she got thrown out at first and home, but we kept her spirits up by encouraging her to see how she helped her teammates.  She  might be inheriting some of my EXTREME sensitivity.  I'll try to talk her out of that.  :)  She also did a great job at shortstop, even fielding a ball and making a solid throw back to the pitcher.  I could see her hips doing a little happy dance after that.




The big boys finally got back to see the last few minutes of the game, and the little boys were glad to show off their new style.  We ended the extravaganza with...guess?  Yep, more ringpops, apparently the currency of all sports.


1 comment:

sharynh said...

I love that Grady's shorts are so long they almost cover his shin guards! Rubye has informed me she is ready to play soccer...but I don't know if I am ready...I may try to hold her off until next fall!