the story of growing up Scroggins

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Almost there...

Todd's been in Washington DC since Saturday VERY EARLY IN the morning, so I've been single-momming it, and even though I'm a little scared to say it, it hasn't been that bad.  I guess the kids are getting a little easier.  Who knew?

Since we are on the topic of DC, I have to share a story about my nerdy kids.  Their response to hearing where Todd would be for 4 days:  "No fair!!!  When can we go to DC???"  I tried to explain that there is a LOT of walking when vacationing in DC, but they were up to the challenge.  They BEGGED to go this summer.  So I put it up to them:  DC or Disney.  In unison:  "DC!!!!  The PRESIDENT lives there!!  and CONGRESS!!! and the WASHINGTON MONUMENT!!!  Can we please please please go???"

Todd wiped a tear from his eye after this proud proud moment.

3 comments:

sharynh said...

didn't know you were alone..call if you need help!

natalie said...

Wow, that's amazing!

natalie said...

By the way, I wish you were closer, so we could hang out. I feel like a single parent most days. :(