the story of growing up Scroggins

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I'll drink to that....

Shelly brought over this bottle of wine last night to share for my Birthday. Being her, she had a card to match the label. That Shelly. :) But, she picked this wine for the story. Apparently, Kate and Cassie were BFFs that went into wine-making together. One liked Merlot, and one liked Cabernet Savignon. They combined their tastes into this wine. It was FABULOUS. A 5 on our scale, and now Shelly and I are wondering if we could pull off the same endeavor! Wine making sounds like an AWESOME job to us!
As if that wasn't enough, Todd commissioned a cake from his mom. A very healthy carrot cake. :) He even made me blow out candles after I got home from my meeting at 9:30 last night. It made me laugh, especially since he also insisted on taking pictures of the whole extravaganza. So now another year until an "all about me day." But then I'll be 35...I'm not sure I'm looking forward to many more of those kinds of days. :)

3 comments:

Shelly said...

Winemaking would be awesome....but we might end up like that old Blue Bell commerical....'we drink all we can and sell the rest!'

Patti D said...

well...you still get carded for beer so i dont think you have to worry about looking "old". haha

Harry said...

Audrey just asked if it was really your "2nd birthday" because of the two candles. You look reeeeeally young to her!