the story of growing up Scroggins

Thursday, September 17, 2009

I ran out of fast...

Tonight, Grady went to his third soccer practice. He loves that he's big enough to have his own practice of some sort, and so very much wants to make a GOAL. Todd said he was really frustrated because he can't keep up with the "pack," and of course, in Grady's world that means the pack isn't sharing. We told him to run his fastest, try his hardest and he would get better and maybe make a goal.

In the most pitiful voice, all he said was, "I ran out of fast. I don't know how to get more." I know the feeling. I ran out of fast today too. I guess we'll both get some more vegetables in our dinners, and maybe that will help.

3 comments:

Shelly said...

Grady may have run out of fast, but he will never run out of tough! Those little brothers are going to grow up to be the toughest of our lot!

Anonymous said...

Cute story. Better not be wearing green today...that's all I have to say. Will

Soña said...

Oh... that is so cute. And also so heartbreaking (well maybe that's an exaggeration) but poor Grady. Soon he'll be fast!